Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Given that our diet is the #1 cause of death and disability, surely nutrition is the #1 thing doctors learn in medical school, right? Surely it’s the #1 your doctor talks to you about. How could there be such a disconnect between the available evidence and the practice of medicine? Let’s do a thought experiment…
In this video, I try to answer the question that surely must occur to anyone even dipping their toes into the lifestyle medicine literature: “Wait a second, if this were true, why didn’t my doctor tell me?” If, for example, our #1 killer can be reversed through diet, why isn’t it front page news, taught to every medical student, broadcast from every mountaintop by medical organizations and government dietary guidelines? Still confused? Check out my other videos address the question:
• Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifes…)
• The McGovern Report (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-m…)
• The Tomato Effect (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-t…)
• Optimal Diet: Just Give it To Me Straight, Doc (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optim…)
• Physicians May Be Missing Their Most Important Tool (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/physi…)